Stand out with this funky take on your typical pony tail:
1. Blow-dry hair straight to make it easier to braid. Make a deep side part, then used a mixed bristle brush to smooth down frizz and flyaways.
2. Start French-braiding a three-inch piece of hair at the full side of your part. Continue down your head.
3. Pull the rest of your hair into a low side ponytail, leaving a two-inch piece of hair (might need to be larger, depending on the thickness of your hair) outside of the ponytail.
4. Wrap the piece around the top of your ponytail, securing with a bobby-pin.
5. Spritz with hairspray for hold.